Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, with headquarters in the St. Paul suburb of Eagan, was chartered in 1933 as Minnesota’s first health plan and continues to carry out its charter mission today: to promote a wider, more economical and timely availability of health services for the people of Minnesota. A nonprofit, taxable organization, Blue Cross is the largest health plan based in Minnesota, covering 2.9 million members in Minnesota and nationally through its health plans or plans administered by its affiliated companies.
Blue Plus is the only Minnesota-based plan among 51 organizations with the NCQA Multicultural Health Care Distinction and it applies to the Blue Plus plans that cover Minnesota’s Medical Assistance program, including Blue Advantage Families and Children, MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+) and Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO).
Inspire change. Transform care. Improve health.
Be the customer’s first choice by reinventing ourselves and the system.
Services and Relevance to Attendees
- Community Resource Link – Online resource which locates and displays all available local community-based free or low-cost programs, benefits and services near you. Available in over 110 languages! Access link at https://mnbcbs.auntbertha.com/
- Doctor on Demand – Telemedicine provider for direct-to-client services. Provides access to medical and mental health providers via video conferencing at no cost for Blue Plus members. Medical care visits are available 24/7 and Mental Health visits are available by appt. from 7am to 11pm 7 days/week. https://www.doctorondemand.com/bcbsmn
- Learn to Live – Behavioral and emotional online support for eligible Blue Plus members (ages 13 to 64) experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia and substance use. It is available 24/7, on demand, self-paced, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at no cost to members. It is completely confidential. Members will need to enter their BP ID number to access. Internet and a device are required. Members can access link at https://learntolive.com/blueplus
- Behavioral Health Crisis line – Blue Plus members can get help with mental health and substance use disorders by calling 1-844-410-0745. This service is available 24/7
- Member incentive vouchers – Blue Plus members can earn reward cards when they attend preventative care visits. Access vouchers and instructions on how to redeem at https://www.bluecrossmn.com/shop-plans/minnesota-health-care-programs/reward-program-blue-plus
- MSHO supplemental benefits (Seniors 65 and over) – Members enrolled in MSHO enjoy additional benefits such as Silver Sneakers, additional dental services, personal emergency response system, fitness tracker and other benefits to help stay safe and healthy (benefits change yearly)
- Nurse line for PMAP, MNCare and MSC+ members – 24/7 Medical advice to answer health-related questions – 1-800-711-9862
- Nurse line for SecureBlue MSHO members – 24/7 Medical advice to answer health-related questions – 1-888-740-6013
- Quitting tobacco and vaping support line – Call 1-844-421-5661. Support program includes working with Wellness Coach, developing personal quit plan, and using quit aids such as gums, patches and online tools and resources to track progress. https://www.bluecrossmn.com/wellbeing/health-programs/quit-smoking-or-vaping-our-tobacco-support-program
- Transportation – BlueRide offers members a safe and reliable ride to covered medical, dental and pharmacy visits with in-network providers. Contact (651) 662-8648 or toll free at 1-866-340-8648 to schedule a ride
- Blue Plus website (for members and providers), https://www.bluecrossmn.com/shopplans/shop-mn-health-care-programs
- Provider resources (new and existing), https://www.bluecrossmn.com/providers/
- Provider resources (existing), https://provider.publicprograms.bluecrossmn.com/minnesota-provider/home
- Provider COVID19, https://provider.publicprograms.bluecrossmn.com/docs/gpp/MNMN_ProviderCommuncations_COVID19_FAQ.pdf?v=202006292251, https://provider.publicprograms.bluecrossmn.com/docs/gpp/MNMN_ProviderCommunications_COVID19VirusTalkingPoints.pdf?v=202006181728
For More Information
Please call, email or visit our website at www.bluecrossmn.com