The 2019 call for abstracts is now open!
Deadline to submit is March 29th. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Many Faces will be held at Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center, October 31 – November 1, 2019.
What We Are Seeking
We welcome presenters experienced in working with populations from diverse communities that face significant health, social, and economic challenges. We encourage submission of abstracts for practical, tested, culturally appropriate strategies or promising practices that can be implemented in clinical or community settings and that address any of the following:
- Advancing health equity
- Addressing the needs of patients with or at risk for chronic diseases
- Addressing quality of care, care redesign or operational improvements, team-based care, or care coordination and care integration involving primary care settings (including medical, behavioral, oral health and/or community outreach)
- Addressing the unique challenges facing safety net providers
- Aligning operations with the Quadruple Aim and/or Health Care Homes.
Each session is limited to 60 minutes, including time for Q & A.
Our overall conference goals are to:
- Describe the impact of health care reform on safety-net providers and underserved populations in Minnesota and its effect on access, quality and reimbursement.
- Identify strategies and resources to help adapt to the challenges of operating within our changing environment.
- Recognize the role safety net providers and communities play in promoting health equity, preventing and managing chronic disease, and assuring access to the underserved.
- Showcase a variety of interventions to improve health and reduce health disparities.
The Many Faces audience is made up of experienced professionals in the fields of community health, clinical care, public health, and health policy. Please ensure that your abstract and presentation dive deep into innovations, practical solutions, results, and findings. This is not the place for a “community health 101” presentation.
Explore previous Many Faces presentations here.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Access the online submission form starting March 4, 2019.
- Complete the form (incomplete and late forms will not be accepted).
- Do not include tables, graphics or illustrations
- Please spell out abbreviations and acronyms when first used
- Please – no more than 2 presenters per session
- Submit completed survey form online.
Abstract Review Process
All abstracts are reviewed by the Conference Content Advisory Group (volunteers representing conference attendees) and scored based on the following criteria:
- Relates to conference goals
- Addresses health equity and/or underserved populations
- Has clear implications for primary care
- Has practical application
- Is innovative
- Is supported by evaluation data
- Involves a safety net provider such as a Community Health Center
- Is relevant to diverse settings (large/small, urban/ rural, health care homes, etc.)
We will notify those accepted for presentation by the end of May, 2019.
- Registration fee waived for day of presentation, for up to two speakers per session.
- Discounted rate for additional day if you choose to attend the rest of the conference.
- For speakers traveling over 100 miles from the Twin Cities metro area, we will cover one night’s lodging plus mileage as negotiated with our conference staff. No more than 2 people speaking in a single session will receive support for expenses.
- All presenters will be required to sign a contractual agreement and submit a conflict of interest form and other documents. Due date is forthcoming.
- Presentation slides and handouts are due to conference staff by October 3, 2019. These slides will be posted online for attendees to download.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 29, 5:00 p.m. CST – No late or incomplete submissions will be accepted
- Selection Notifications will be e-mailed by the end of May
- Conference presentation: October 31 or November 1
For questions, contact Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-5434.