Free Mindfulness Resources to Find Calm and Nourish Resilience
Whether you’re looking for guided meditation videos, knowledgeable blogs to follow, or a new app to download on your phone to have access to mindfulness on the go, we have compiled the following resources to help you find your zen.
- How Mindfulness Empowers Us
- Why Mindfulness Is a Superpower: An Animation
- 5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere– setting intention for the rest of your day.
- All it takes is 10 mindful minutes | Andy Puddicombe – video from the founder of the Headspace app providing information about mindfulness and its benefits.
- Headspace | Mini meditation | Breathe – YouTube – short breathing meditation
- Headspace | Meditation | The Hole in the Road – YouTube – short description/metaphor about meditation.
- Resilient Option- Resource for Adults – Free resources from Dr. Amit Sood, creator of the Resilient Option program, and one of the world’s leading experts on resilience, mindfulness, and wellbeing. Resources include blogs, meditations, videos, quizzes, and the MoodCandy app.
- What Is Mindfulness? | Taking Charge of Your Health & Wellbeing (umn.edu)– Website includes a short introduction to mindfulness, a simple exercise, a one minute meditation, and a 50 minute free webinar for people who would like to learn more.
- Mindful Practice– Provides a variety of different mindfulness tools for a variety of situations (need to verify whether they require payment because that would be a no go
- 10 Yoga Poses to Practice Before Meditation
Getting Started with Mindful Movement– series of physical movements to encourage mindfulness
- Calm (free options, can pay for additional features) – Variety of meditation exercises and relaxing soundtracks organized by topic (e.g. stress, anxiety, sleep, focus, etc.)
- Happify (free options, can pay for additional features) – Science-based activities and games to overcome worries and stress; Techniques were developed by experts who study evidence-based interventions in the fields of positive psychology, mindfulness, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Headspace (free 2 week free trial) – Sets of guided meditations aimed at tackling problems related to stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, and relationships
- Healthy Minds (free) – Translating pioneering neuroscience into tools for everyday life using mindfulness practices and podcast style lessons. App designed by UW Center for Healthy Minds
- Insight Timer (free) – Guided meditation app with a variety of mindfulness and meditation practices targeting stress, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- Ten Percent Happier (free options, can pay for additional features) – Large selection of guided meditations and mindfulness practices; Great for beginners as well as those already well-versed in mindfulness; free Podcast also available!
- Sanvello (free options, can pay for additional features) – Clinically-validated evidence-based mobile application for anxiety, stress and depression; Based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, currently used by over 3 million people
- Stop, Breathe & Think (free options, can pay for additional features; free kids version) – Emotional wellness platform with guided meditation and mindfulness. Option to check in with your emotions and pick exercises based on how you feel; 2017 People’s choice award for best health app
- Woebot (free) – Personalized web-robot who delivers Cognitive Behavioral Therapy skills to foster insight into unhelpful thoughts and behaviors and reduce stress.
- Wysa: Mental Health Support (free trial) – Research-backed app that utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, yoga, and mindfulness to support people with mental health and wellness needs; Access to a real mental health professional who coaches you through new skills and coping behaviors (with subscription)